VARD seeks to be proactive as a Smart Growth resource to local decision makers and developers. We also strive to educate and empower the public to get involved in the local land-use process. Our accomplishments include:
- Continuous public education and outreach through workshops, newsletters and our website.
- Recipient of 2006 ‘Grow Smart’ award from Idaho Smart Growth.
- Recipient of Max Dalton Award Honorable Mention from Idaho Newspaper Foundation.
- Worked with county to establish a full time county planning director.
- Coordinated with Teton Valley Trails and Pathways to lobby the Idaho State Transportation Department for bike lane and pedestrian improvements in Driggs and Victor.
- Awarded a $45,000 EPA technical assistance grant for Driggs and Victor.
- Consistent advocacy for adoption and implementation of groundwater quality standards.
- Protected water quality in Teton Valley by compelling the Army Corps of Engineers to review wetland mapping.
- In conjunction with the Sonoran Institute - Lincoln Institute of Land Policy Joint Venture we produced a series of studies and reports for use by local decision-makers and launched the Reshaping Development Patterns Project.
For more information on our efforts to enhance the quality of life in Teton Valley, view our current and archived projects or contact VARD.